Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Addicted to Stamps & More - Challenge #127

Hi there - Today is my first post as a designer at Addicted to Stamps & More and I am so excited to be joining the very talented team!

The theme for the challenge this week is 'Make your Mark' and for my card
 today I have used a copic multi-liner marker to outline all my flowers and leaves after stamping them as I really wanted them to stand out. 

To create my fun border I ruled a pencil line to follow and then cut some of the flowers/leaves out before popping up my panel with some foam dots. Finally I added some ink splatters for a little interest.


Our Sponsor for the challenge this week is:


Our lucky winner will receive a $20 Gift Certificate

Please come over to the blog to find out more at

Thanks so much for your visit and I can't wait to see what you come up with for the challenge this week xx

Supplies: Cas-ual fridays stamps:Truth is, Wplus9 stamps: spring blooms
Memento inks: rose bud & bamboo leaves

20 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Rahmat said...

Lovely CAS card, i like how everything is on one side and the colors are gorgeous!

sandie said...

fabulous colours Karen, love the black border with the pink x

Marika (MeandMinimecrafting) said...

I just really love this design! I think the border effect is just awesome! Wonderful colour combo, the black just brings the flowers to pop more and I am sure the black lines made flowers to stand out even more. You are pretty amazing too! :)

Kylie said...

woah! Great card Karen. What a way to kick off your first DT assignment. Go you! A schedule post AND a permalink. You are awesome. The design of this card is genius and I love how you went over the edges of your stamps with the black. Welcome to the team! xx
PS - I received a gorgeous, gorgeous card in the mail today. You are so very sweet xx

Julie B said...

What a fab card Karen, love the way you popped the flowers up against the black panel. The added touch of outlining the ones not cut away was genius. :)

*Vicki* said...

Wow! This is so pretty!! I love the cut out flowers along the side and your colors are perfect! :) HUGS

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Stunning image, gorgeous colours and colouring and set off against that black background ... simply AMAZING!
Love it Karen x

Lee-Anne said...

Love the border, Karen! Such a striking design!

Sue said...

Hi Karen, welcome to the ATSM DT! This is such a great design and layout and what a good idea to outline the flowers!

cm said...

Welcome to the team, Karen; so thrilled to have you on board! Your debut card: nothing short of stunning! Gorgeous blooms that have planted a bright smile on my face. WOW!
Hugs~c

Anita in France said...

So lovely, Karen ... the outlining of those sweet blooms is brilliant ... makes them really striking ... and gorgeous! Anita :)

Dana said...

Awesome card!! I LOVE the flower border, the flowers really pop against the black border!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Welcome to the team Karen. I think this is so pretty - love the bold pink flowers and touch of spatter too!

Wei said...

What a pretty card! love your black border with pink flower! very eye-catching! Welcome to the team!!

Loll Thompson said...

Hi Karen. Congrats on being on the Design Team for ATS&M. You have started out this year with a bang!! Gorgeous card and beautiful design. Love the cut away border and your bright pink flowers. Wonderful inspiration, my friend! Loll xx

Hayley Kew said...

FABulous BOLD card and fun neon touch :)

Barb Ghig said...

Truly gorgeous card as always, Karen! I love how you outlined the flowers with your Copic markers and how you cut around them! Such a beautiful effect with both techniques!

Deepti said...

This is so pretty! Love the trail of flowers :)

Neets B said...

Welcome to the team, Karen, and sorry it's taken so long for me to get to you! I LOVE your card, the bright pink blooms against the black border is such a fab combo x